spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbcRRD and dataframe
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:38:44 GMT
Hi Marco,

what is in your UDF getConnection and why not use DF itself?

I guess it is all connection attributes

val c = HiveContext.load("jdbc",
Map("url" -> _ORACLEserver,
"dbtable" -> "(SELECT to_char(CHANNEL_ID) AS CHANNEL_ID, CHANNEL_DESC FROM
sh.channels)",
"user" -> _username,
"password" -> _password))

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

On 25 July 2016 at 15:14, Marco Colombo <ing.marco.colombo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was using JdbcRRD and signature for constructure was accepting a function to get a
DB connection. This is very useful to provide my own connection handler.

> I'm valuating to move to daraframe, but I cannot how to provide such function and migrate
my code. I want to use my own 'getConnection' rather than provide connection details.