spark-user mailing list archives

From Chanh Le <giaosu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Executors assigned to STS and number of workers in Stand Alone Mode
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:16:48 GMT
STS can work on Mesos as well.

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 6:16 AM, ayan guha <guha.ayan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> STS works on YARN, as a yarn-client application.
>
> One issue: STS is not HA-supported, though there was some discussion to make it HA similar
to Hive Server. So what we did is to run sts on multiple nodes and tie them to a load balancer.
.

<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>
>
> Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage
or destruction of data or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's
technical content is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary
damages arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

> On 25 July 2016 at 22:26, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com <mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> We also should remember that STS is a pretty useful tool. With JDBC you can use beeline,
Zeppelin, Squirrel and other tools against it.

> One thing I like to change is the UI port that the thrift server listens and you can
change it at startup using spark.ui.port. This is fixed at thrift startup and can only display
one sql query at a time which is kind not useful.