Hi,

I simply read a Parquet table

scala> val s = sqlContext.read.parquet("oraclehadoop.sales2")
s: org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame = [prod_id: bigint, cust_id: bigint, time_id: timestamp, channel_id: bigint, promo_id: bigint, quantity_sold: decimal(10,0), amount_sold: decimal(10,0)]

Now all I want is to save data and make it uncompressed. By default it saves the table as gzipped

val s4 = s.write.mode("overwrite").parquet("/user/hduser/sales4")

However, I want use this approach without creating table explicitly myself with sqlContext etc

This does not seem to work

val c = sqlContext.setConf("spark.sql.parquet.compression.codec.", "uncompressed")

Can I do through a method on DataFrame "s" above to make the table saved as uncompressed?

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com