spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best way to read XML data from RDD
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2016 06:10:02 GMT
I fear the issue is that this will create and destroy a XML parser object 2 mio times, which
is very inefficient - it does not really look like a parser performance issue. Can't you do
something about the format choice? Ask your supplier to deliver another format (ideally avro
or sth like this?)?
Otherwise you could just create one XML Parser object / node, but sharing this among the parallel
tasks on the same node is tricky.
The other possibility could be simply more hardware ...

> On 20 Aug 2016, at 06:41, Diwakar Dhanuskodi <diwakar.dhanuskodi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes . It accepts a xml file as source but not RDD. The XML data embedded  inside json
is streamed from kafka cluster.  So I could get it as RDD.
> Right  now  I am using  spark.xml  XML.loadstring method inside  RDD map function  but
 performance  wise I am not happy as it takes 4 minutes to parse XML from 2 million messages
in a 3 nodes 100G 4 cpu each environment.

> Sent from Samsung Mobile.

data has XML data in couple of key-value paris.

> Which is the best method to read and parse XML from rdd. Is there any specific xml libraries
for spark. Could anyone help on this.