spark-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: spark 2.0.0 - when saving a model to S3 spark creates temporary files. Why?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:04:45 GMT

With Hadoop 2.7 or later, set

spark.hadooop.mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.algorithm.version  2
spark.hadoop.mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.cleanup.skipped true

This switches to a no -rename version of the file output committer, is faster all round. You
are still at risk of things going wrong on failure though, and with speculation enabled.

you are still at risk o

On 25 Aug 2016, at 13:16, Tal Grynbaum <tal.grynbaum@gmail.com<mailto:tal.grynbaum@gmail.com>>