spark-user mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: spark.lapply in SparkR: Error in writeBin(batch, con, endian = "big")
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:47:41 GMT
How big is the output from score()?

Also could you elaborate on what you want to broadcast?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:58 AM -0700, "Cinquegrana, Piero" <Piero.Cinquegrana@neustar.biz<mailto:Piero.Cinquegrana@neustar.biz>>
wrote:

Hello,

I am using the new R API in SparkR spark.lapply (spark 2.0). I am defining a complex function
to be run across executors and I have to send the entire dataset, but there is not (that I
could find) a way to broadcast the variable in SparkR. I am thus reading the dataset in each
executor from disk, but I getting the following error:

Error in writeBin(batch, con, endian = "big") :
  attempting to add too many elements to raw vector

Any idea why this is happening?

Pseudo code:

scoreModel <- function(parameters){
               library(read.table)
               dat <- data.frame(fread("file.csv"))
               score(dat,parameters)
}

parameterList <- lapply(1:numModels, function(i) getParameters(i))

modelScores <- spark.lapply(parameterList, scoreModel)

Piero Cinquegrana
MarketShare: A Neustar Solution / Data Science
Mobile: +39.329.17.62.539 / www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>
Reduce your environmental footprint. Print only if necessary.
Follow Neustar:   [New%20Picture]  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/NeuStar/104072179630456?fref=ts>
  [New%20Picture%20(1)(1)]  LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/5349?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2CclickedEntityId%3A5349%2Cidx%3A2-1-4%2CtarId%3A1450369757393%2Ctas%3Aneustar>
  [New%20Picture%20(2)]  Twitter<https://twitter.com/Neustar>
The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient you have received this email message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.