spark-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Mellott <kevin.r.mell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quick question
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 03:51:40 GMT
In the diagram you referenced, a real-time dashboard can be created using
WebSockets. This technology essentially allows your web page to keep an
active line of communication between the client and server, in which case
you can detect and display new information without requiring any user input
of page refreshes. The link below contains additional information on this
concept, as well as links to several different implementations (based on
your programming language preferences).

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebSockets_API

Hope this helps!
- Kevin