spark-user mailing list archives

From Kiran Chitturi <kiran.chitt...@lucidworks.com>
Subject 2.0.0: Hive metastore uses a different version of derby than the Spark package
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2016 00:45:02 GMT
Hi,

In 2.0.0, I encountered this error while using the spark-shell.

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: can't seal
package org.apache.derby.impl.services.timer: already loaded

Full stacktrace:
https://gist.github.com/kiranchitturi/9ae38f07d9836a75f233019eb2b65236

While looking at the dependency tree, I found that hive-metastore
'org.spark-project.hive:hive-metastore:jar:1.2.1.spark2:compile' uses
*10.10.2.0* while the jars folder in 2.0.0 binary uses *derby-10.11.1.1.jar*

Excluding derby from my shaded jar fixed the issue.

This could be an issue for someone else. Would it make sense to update so
that hive-metastore and Spark package are on the same derby version ?

Thanks,

--
Kiran Chitturi