spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject why spark 2 shell console still sending warnings despite setting log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, console
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 08:33:33 GMT
Hi,

Just doing some tests on Spark 2 version spark-shell

using spark-shell, in my $SPARK_HOME/conf/log4j.properties, I have:

log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, console

I get

spark-shell
Setting default log level to "WARN".
To adjust logging level use sc.setLogLevel(newLevel).

I don't have this issue with spark 1.6.1

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.