spark-user mailing list archives

From "Praveen Devarao" <praveen...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Spark MLlib:Collaborative Filtering
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:10:18 GMT
You could use the string indexer to convert your string userids and
product ids numeric value.
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-features.html#stringindexer

Thanking You
Praveen Devarao
IBM India Software Labs
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the
end of the day saying I will try again"

From:   glen <cnglen@126.com>
To:     "Devi P.V" <devip2136@gmail.com>
Cc:     "user@spark.apache.org" <user@spark.apache.org>
Date:   24/08/2016 02:10 pm
Subject:        Re: Spark MLlib:Collaborative Filtering

Hash it to int

On 2016-08-24 16:28 , Devi P.V Wrote:

Hi all,
I am newbie in collaborative filtering.I want to implement collaborative
filtering algorithm(need to find top 10 recommended products) using Spark
and Scala.I have a rating dataset where userID & ProductID are String
type.

UserID                   ProductID             Rating
b3a68043-c1      p1-160ff5fDS-f74           1
b3a68043-c2      p5-160ff5fDS-f74           1
b3a68043-c0      p9-160ff5fDS-f74           1

I tried ALS algorithm using spark MLlib.But it support rating userID &
productID only Integer type.How can I solve this problem?

Thanks In Advance