Hi,

In 2.0.0, I encountered this error while using the spark-shell.

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: can't seal package org.apache.derby.impl.services.timer: already loaded

Full stacktrace: https://gist.github.com/kiranchitturi/9ae38f07d9836a75f233019eb2b65236

While looking at the dependency tree, I found that hive-metastore 'org.spark-project.hive:hive-metastore:jar:1.2.1.spark2:compile' uses 10.10.2.0 while the jars folder in 2.0.0 binary uses derby-10.11.1.1.jar

Excluding derby from my shaded jar fixed the issue.

This could be an issue for someone else. Would it make sense to update so that hive-metastore and Spark package are on the same derby version ?

Thanks,

--
Kiran Chitturi