Can you take a look at commit fa244e5a90690d6a31be50f2aa203ae1a2e9a1cf ?

There was a test:
SPARK-15285 Generated SpecificSafeProjection.apply method grows beyond 64KB

See if it matches your use case.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Aris <arisofalaska@gmail.com> wrote:

I am still working on making a minimal test that I can share without my work-specific code being in there. However, the problem occurs with a dataframe with several hundred columns being asked to do a tension split. Random split works with up to about 350 columns so far. It breaks in my code with 600 columns, but it's a converted dataset of case classes to dataframe. This is deterministically causing the error in Scala 2.11.

Once I can get a deterministically breaking test without work code I will try to file a Jira bug.