Hi All,

In our YARN cluster, we have setup spark 1.6.1 , we plan to give access to all the end users/developers/BI users, etc. But we learnt any valid user after getting their own user kerb TGT, can get hold of sqlContext (in program or in shell) and can run any query against any secure databases.

This puts us in a critical condition as we do not want to give blanket permission to everyone.

We are looking forward to:

1)      A solution or a work around, by which we can give secure access only to the selected users to sensitive tables/database.

2)      Failing to do so, we would like to remove/disable the SparkSQL context/feature for everyone.

Any pointers in this direction will be very valuable.

Thank you,

Arpan

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, intended only for the addressee and may be privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it. Any content that does not relate to the business of Worldpay is personal to the sender and not authorised or endorsed by Worldpay. Worldpay does not accept responsibility for viruses or any loss or damage arising from transmission or access.

Worldpay (UK) Limited (Company No: 07316500/ Financial Conduct Authority No: 530923), Worldpay Limited (Company No:03424752 / Financial Conduct Authority No: 504504), Worldpay AP Limited (Company No: 05593466 / Financial Conduct Authority No: 502597). Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Service Regulations 2009 for the provision of payment services. Worldpay (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities. Worldpay B.V. (WPBV) has its registered office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (Handelsregister KvK no. 60494344). WPBV holds a licence from and is included in the register kept by De Nederlandsche Bank, which registration can be consulted through www.dnb.nl. Worldpay, the logo and any associated brand names are trade marks of the Worldpay group.