spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RESTful Endpoint and Spark
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 04:38:44 GMT
This is exactly what the Spark SQL Thrift server does, if you just want to access it using
JDBC.

Matei

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 4:27 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone tried to integrate Spark with a server farm of RESTful API endpoints or even
HTTP web-servers for that matter? I know it’s typically done using a web farm as the presentation
interface, then data flows through a firewall/router to direct calls to a JDBC listener that
will SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and, at times, DELETE data in a database. Can the same be done
using Spark SQL Thriftserver on top of, say, HBase, Kudu, Parquet, etc.? Or can Kafka be used
somewhere? Spark would be an ideal solution as the intermediary because it can talk to any
data store underneath; so, swapping out a technology at any time would be possible.