Hi,

did you set the following option: export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2g -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m"

kind regards,
Richard

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Marco Mistroni <mmistroni@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all
 my mvn build of Spark 2.1 using Java 1.8 is spinning out of memory with an error saying it cannot allocate enough memory during maven compilation

Instructions (in the Spark 2.0 page) says that MAVENOPTS are not needed for Java 1.8 and , accoding to my understanding, spark build process will add it
during the build via mvn
Note; i am not using Zinc. Rather, i am using my own Maven version (3.3.9), launching this command from the main spark directory. The same build works when i use Java 1.7(and MAVENOPTS)

mvn -Pyarn -Dscala-2.11 -DskipTests clean package

Could anyone assist?
kr
  marco