spark-user mailing list archives

From Brandon White <bwwintheho...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting a new Spark codebase, Python or Scala / Java?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:51:54 GMT
Hello all,

I will be starting a new Spark codebase and I would like to get opinions on
using Python over Scala. Historically, the Scala API has always been the
strongest interface to Spark. Is this still true? Are there still many
benefits and additional features in the Scala API that are not available in
the Python API? Are there any performance concerns using the Python API
that do not exist when using the Scala API? Anything else I should know
about?

I appreciate any insight you have on using the Scala API over the Python
API.

Brandon