spark-user mailing list archives

From Palash Gupta <spline_pal...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Spark #cores
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:13:35 GMT
Hi,
Can you please share how you are assigning cpu core & tell us spark version and language
you are using?
//Palash

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 18 Jan, 2017 at 10:16 pm, Saliya Ekanayake<esaliya@gmail.com> wrote:   Thank
you, for the quick response. No, this is not Spark SQL. I am running the built-in PageRank.
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:33 AM, <jasbir.sing@accenture.com> wrote:

Are you talking here of Spark SQL ?

If yes,spark.sql.shuffle.partitions needs to be changed.

From: Saliya Ekanayake [mailto:esaliya@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:56 PM
To: User <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Spark #cores

Hi,

I am running a Spark application setting the number of executor cores 1 and a default parallelism
of 32 over 8 physical nodes.

The web UI shows it's running on 200 cores. I can't relate this number to the parameters I've
used. How can I control the parallelism in a more deterministic way?

Thank you,

Saliya

--

Saliya Ekanayake, Ph.D

Applied Computer Scientist

Network Dynamics and Simulation Science Laboratory (NDSSL)

Virginia Tech, Blacksburg

www.accenture.com