spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to connect Tableau to databricks spark?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 07:58:39 GMT
Firewall Ports open?
Hint: for security reasons you should not connect via the internet.

> On 9 Jan 2017, at 04:30, Raymond Xie <xie3208080@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to do some data analytics work by leveraging Databricks spark platform and connect
my Tableau desktop to it for data visualization.

> Does anyone ever make it? I've trying to follow the instruction below but not successful?
>
> https://docs.cloud.databricks.com/docs/latest/databricks_guide/01%20Databricks%20Overview/14%20Third%20Party%20Integrations/01%20Setup%20JDBC%20or%20ODBC.html
>

> I got an error message in Tableau's attempt to connect:
>
> Unable to connect to the server "ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com".
Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

> "ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com" is the hostname of a EC2 instance
I just created on AWS, I may have some missing there though as I am new to AWS.

> I am not sure that is related to account issue, I was using my Databricks account in
Tableau to connect it.