spark-user mailing list archives

From Lyndon Ollar <lbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Triplet vertices differ from vertices
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:41:17 GMT
Hello all,

I have a graph algorithm where I am implementing Louvain Modularity. The
implementation has the same premise that PageRank.runWithOptions does, in
that it has a graph as a variable, iterates, and overwrites this var from
time to time and I have followed some of their techniques there for
materializing graph and unpersisting.

One peculiar thing though is that after having iterated and constructing
the new graph, if I traverse the triplets and print each one, my vertices
match the original unaltered graph the algo started with. If I map over the
vertices only, they have been changed to their new updated values. Logging
inserted into the method shows the same behavior.

Is this normal or expected behavior where triplet vertex data would differ
from vertex data in some circumstances?

Thanks,
Lyndon

--