spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: spark sql in Cloudera package
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 16:40:25 GMT
(You can post this on the CDH lists BTW as it's more about that
distribution.) The whole thrift server isn't supported / enabled in CDH, so
I think that's why the script isn't turned on either. I don't think it's as
much about using Impala as not wanting to do all the grunt work to make it
compatible with the (slightly different) Hive version in CDH, just to
provide roughly the same functionality, yeah.