spark-user mailing list archives

From <jasbir.s...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Spark #cores
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:33:08 GMT
Are you talking here of Spark SQL ?
If yes, spark.sql.shuffle.partitions needs to be changed.

From: Saliya Ekanayake [mailto:esaliya@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:56 PM
To: User <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Spark #cores

Hi,

I am running a Spark application setting the number of executor cores 1 and a default parallelism
of 32 over 8 physical nodes.

The web UI shows it's running on 200 cores. I can't relate this number to the parameters I've
used. How can I control the parallelism in a more deterministic way?

Thank you,
Saliya

--
Saliya Ekanayake, Ph.D