spark-user mailing list archives

From "Daniela S" <daniela_4...@gmx.at>
Subject Aw: Re: Re: Spark Streaming prediction
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:51:11 GMT
12.0px;"><div>Dear Marco</div>

(may vary between the different devices) and I&nbsp;want to predict the values for the
next 24 hours (one value per minute). So as long as I&nbsp;know the values (e.g. 180 minutes)&nbsp;I&nbsp;would
of course like to use these values and the missing ones to get values for the next&nbsp;24
hours (one value per minute) should be predicted.</div>

solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
2017 um 22:30 Uhr<br/>

My assumption was that you have 2-3 hours worth fo data and you want to know the values for
the next 24 based on the values you already have, that is why i suggested&nbsp; the ML
path.</div>
If that is not the case please ignore everything i said..<br/>
so, let&#39;s take the simple case where you have only 1 device</div>
So every event contains the minute value of that device for the next 180 mins. So at any point
in time you only&nbsp; have visibility of the next 180&nbsp; minutes, correct?</div>
Now do you want to predict what the value will be for the next 24 hrs, or do you&nbsp;
just want to accumulate data worth of 24 hrs and display it in the dashboard?</div>
or is it something else?<br/>
&nbsp;</div>
for dashboard update, i guess you either</div>
- poll &#39;a&nbsp; database&#39; (where you store the compuation of your spark
logic ) periodically</div>
- propagate events from your spark streaming application to your dashboard somewhere (via
actors/ JMS or whatever mechanism)

&nbsp;
&nbsp;</div>

href="mailto:daniela_4444@gmx.at" onclick="parent.window.location.href=&#39;daniela_4444@gmx.at&#39;;
return false;" target="_blank">daniela_4444@gmx.at</a>&gt;</span> wrote:

solid;padding-left: 1.0ex;">

not know the values from hour 2 or 3 to hour 24. How is it possible to combine the known values
with the predicted values as both are values in the future? And how can i ensure that there
are always 1440 values?</div>

the dashboard (e.g. how does the dashboard know that the value for minute 300 maps to time
15:05?</div>

2.0px solid rgb(195,217,229);">
Januar 2017 um 21:07 Uhr<br/>
<b>Von:</b>&nbsp;&quot;Marco Mistroni&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:mmistroni@gmail.com"
onclick="parent.window.location.href=&#39;mmistroni@gmail.com&#39;; return false;"
target="_blank">mmistroni@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br/>
<b>An:</b>&nbsp;&quot;Daniela S&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:daniela_4444@gmx.at"
onclick="parent.window.location.href=&#39;daniela_4444@gmx.at&#39;; return false;"
target="_blank">daniela_4444@gmx.at</a>&gt;<br/>
<b>Cc:</b>&nbsp;User &lt;<a href="mailto:user@spark.apache.org" onclick="parent.window.location.href=&#39;user@spark.apache.org&#39;;
return false;" target="_blank">user@spark.apache.org</a>&gt;<br/>

algorithm and integrate it in your SparkStreaming application, i m sure someone on the list
has&nbsp; a similar use case</div>

model which,based on your inputs will predict output</div>

for a day and train ur model based on that. Then save it somewhere and have your streaming
app load the module and have the module do the predictions based on incoming events from your
streaming app.<br/>
Save the results somewhere and have your dashboard poll periodically your data store to read
the predictions</div>

can reply back....</div>

&nbsp;</div>

href="mailto:daniela_4444@gmx.at" onclick="parent.window.location.href=&#39;daniela_4444@gmx.at&#39;;
return false;" target="_blank">daniela_4444@gmx.at</a>&gt; wrote:

solid;padding-left: 1.0ex;">

and contains values for every minute of the next 2 to 3 hours. What I would like to do is
to predict the minute values for the next 24 hours. So I would like to use the known values
and to predict the other values to achieve the 24 hours prediction. My thought was to use
arrays with a length of 1440 (1440 minutes = 24 hours). One for the known values and one for
the predicted values for each device. Then I would like to show the next 24 hours on a dashboard.
The dashboard should be updated automatically in realtime.&nbsp;</div>

timestamp?</div>