Do you have more of the exception stack?

From: Ankur Srivastava <ankur.srivastava@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:40:02 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Spark GraphFrame ConnectedComponents

Hi,

I am trying to use the ConnectedComponent algorithm of GraphFrames but by default it needs a checkpoint directory. As I am running my spark cluster with S3 as the DFS and do not have access to HDFS file system I tried using a s3 directory as checkpoint directory but I run into below exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong FS: s3n://<folder-path>, expected: file:///

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.checkPath(FileSystem.java:642)

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.pathToFile(RawLocalFileSystem.java:69)

If I set checkpoint interval to -1 to avoid checkpointing the driver just hangs after 3 or 4 iterations.

Is there some way I can set the default FileSystem to S3 for Spark or any other option?

Thanks
Ankur