Hello all,

I have a graph algorithm where I am implementing Louvain Modularity. The implementation has the same premise that PageRank.runWithOptions does, in that it has a graph as a variable, iterates, and overwrites this var from time to time and I have followed some of their techniques there for materializing graph and unpersisting.

One peculiar thing though is that after having iterated and constructing the new graph, if I traverse the triplets and print each one, my vertices match the original unaltered graph the algo started with. If I map over the vertices only, they have been changed to their new updated values. Logging inserted into the method shows the same behavior.

Is this normal or expected behavior where triplet vertex data would differ from vertex data in some circumstances?

Thanks,
Lyndon

--
Lyndon Ollar