Yes, job postings are strongly discouraged on ASF lists, if not outright disallowed. You will see, sometimes posts prefixed with [JOBS] that are tolerated, but here I would assume they are not. This particular project and list is so big that there is no job posting I can imagine that is relevant to even a small fraction of readers. This wasn't even much about Spark, so, definitely a no-no.