spark-user mailing list archives

From Robin East <robin.e...@xense.co.uk>
Subject Re: Which streaming platform is best? Kafka or Spark Streaming?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:08:43 GMT
As Jorn says there is no best. I would start with https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/the-world-beyond-batch-streaming-101.
This will help you form some meaningful questions about what tools suit which use cases. Most
places have a selection of tools such as spark, kafka, flink, storm, flume and so on.
Robin East
Spark GraphX in Action Michael Malak and Robin East
Manning Publications Co.
http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action <http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action>

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 20:04, Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I find this question strange. There is no best tool for every use case. For example,
both tools mentioned below are suitable for different purposes, sometimes also complementary.