spark-user mailing list archives

From Sidney Feiner <sidney.fei...@startapp.com>
Subject RE: How to run a spark on Pycharm
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 15:11:57 GMT
Hey,
I once found an article about that:
https://mengdong.github.io/2016/08/08/fully-armed-pyspark-with-ipython-and-jupyter/

And I once managed to set it up on Pycharm as well. What I had to do was to add /path/to/spark
to a system variable called "PYTHTONPATH".
Try that one, it might help ☺

From: Anahita Talebi [mailto:anahita.t.amiri@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 5:05 PM
To: Pushkar.Gujar <pushkarvgujar@gmail.com>
Cc: User <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to run a spark on Pycharm

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
Sorry, I am completely beginner in running the code in spark.
Could you please tell me a bit more in details how to do that?
I installed ipython and Jupyter notebook on my local machine. But how can I run the code using
them? Before, I tried to run the code with Pycharm that I was failed.
Thanks,
Anahita

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Pushkar.Gujar <pushkarvgujar@gmail.com<mailto:pushkarvgujar@gmail.com>>