spark-user mailing list archives

From purna pradeep <purna2prad...@gmail.com>
Subject use WithColumn with external function in a java jar
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 01:23:46 GMT
I have data in a DataFrame with below columns

1)Fileformat is csv
2)All below column datatypes are String

    employeeid,pexpense,cexpense

Now I need to create a new DataFrame which has new column called `expense`,
which is calculated based on columns `pexpense`, `cexpense`.

The tricky part is the calculation algorithm is not an **UDF** function
which I created, but it's an external function that needs to be imported
from a Java library which takes primitive types as arguments - in this case
`pexpense`, `cexpense` - to calculate the value required for new column.

The external function signature

    public class MyJava

    {

        public Double calculateExpense(Double pexpense, Double cexpense) {
           // calculation
        }

    }

So how can I invoke that external function to create a new calculated
column. Can I register that external function as UDF in my Spark
application?

Stackoverflow reference

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45928007/use-withcolumn-with-external-function