Rdd only
Patrick <titlibatali@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo. 28. Aug. 2017 um 20:13:
Ah, does it work with Dataset API or i need to convert it to RDD first ?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Georg Heiler <georg.kf.heiler@gmail.com> wrote:
What about the rdd stat counter? https://spark.apache.org/docs/0.6.2/api/core/spark/util/StatCounter.html

Patrick <titlibatali@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo. 28. Aug. 2017 um 16:47:
Hi

I have two lists:

  • List one: contains names of columns on which I want to do aggregate operations.
  • List two: contains the aggregate operations on which I want to perform on each column eg ( min, max, mean)

I am trying to use spark 2.0 dataset to achieve this. Spark provides an agg() where you can pass a Map <String,String> (of column name and respective aggregate operation ) as input, however I want to perform different aggregation operations on the same column of the data and want to collect the result in a Map<String,String> where key is the aggregate operation and Value is the result on the particular column.  If i add different agg() to same column, the key gets updated with latest value.

Also I dont find any collectAsMap() operation that returns map of aggregated column name as key and result as value. I get collectAsList() but i dont know the order in which those agg() operations are run so how do i match which list values corresponds to which agg operation.  I am able to see the result using .show() but How can i collect the result in this case ?

Is it possible to do different aggregation on the same column in one Job(i.e only one collect operation) using agg() operation?

Thanks in advance.