How about using row number for primary key?

Select row_number() over (), * from table

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 at 10:21 am, Kanagha Kumar <kprasad@salesforce.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to replicate a single row from a dataset n times and create a new dataset from it. But, while replicating I need a column's value to be changed for each replication since it would be end up as the primary key when stored finally.

Looked at the following reference:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40397740/replicate-spark-row-n-times

import org.apache.spark.sql.functions._

val result = singleRowDF
  .withColumn("dummy", explode(array((1 until 100).map(lit): _*)))
  .selectExpr(singleRowDF.columns: _*)
How can I create a column from an array of values in Java and pass it to explode function? Suggestions are helpful.

Thanks
Kanagha
--
Best Regards,