MLIB is old RDD-based API  since  Apache Spark 2 is recommended to use dataset based APIs to get good performance  and introduce ML.

ML contains new API build around Dataset and ML Pipelines ,mllib is slowly being deprecated (this already happened in case of linear regression) MLIB currently entered into maintenance mode.

Regards,
Vaquar khan