spark-user mailing list archives

From kant kodali <kanth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create a DataType Object using the String representation in Java using Spark 2.2.0?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2018 06:39:13 GMT
It seems like its hard to construct a DataType given its String literal
representation.

dataframe.types() return column names and its corresponding Types. for
example say I have an integer column named "sum" doing dataframe.dtypes()
would return "sum" and "IntegerType" but this string  representation
"IntegerType" doesnt seem to be very useful because I cannot do
DataType.fromJson("IntegerType") This will throw an error. so I am not
quite sure how to construct a DataType given its String representation ?