spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run spark 2.2 on yarn as usual java application
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:41:05 GMT
Maybe you should better run it in yarn cluster mode. Yarn client would start the driver on
the oozie server.

> On 19. Mar 2018, at 12:58, Serega Sheypak <serega.sheypak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to run it as Oozie java action and reduce env dependency. The only thing I
need is Hadoop Configuration to talk to hdfs and yarn.
> Spark submit is a shell thing. Trying to do all from jvm.
> Oozie java action starts main class which inststiates SparkConf and session. It works
well in local mode but throws exception when I try to run spark as yarn-client

> пн, 19 марта 2018 г. в 7:16, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@japila.pl>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's the deployment process then (if not using spark-submit)? How is the AM deployed?
Why would you want to skip spark-submit?

>> Jacek
>>
>>> On 19 Mar 2018 00:20, "Serega Sheypak" <serega.sheypak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, Is it even possible to run spark on yarn as usual java application?
>>> I've built jat using maven with spark-yarn dependency and I manually populate
SparkConf with all hadoop properties.
>>> SparkContext fails to start with exception:
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Library directory '/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/root/appcache/application_1521375636129_0022/container_e06_1521375636129_0022_01_000002/assembly/target/scala-2.11/jars'
does not exist; make sure Spark is built.