Maybe you should better run it in yarn cluster mode. Yarn client would start the driver on the oozie server.

On 19. Mar 2018, at 12:58, Serega Sheypak <serega.sheypak@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to run it as Oozie java action and reduce env dependency. The only thing I need is Hadoop Configuration to talk to hdfs and yarn.
Spark submit is a shell thing. Trying to do all from jvm.
Oozie java action starts main class which inststiates SparkConf and session. It works well in local mode but throws exception when I try to run spark as yarn-client