spark-user mailing list archives

From ZmeiGorynych <egor.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject flatMapGroupsWithState equivalent in PySpark
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:05:19 GMT
I need to write PySpark logic equivalent to what flatMapGroupsWithState does
in Scala/Java. To be precise, I need to take an incoming stream of records,
group them by an arbitrary attribute, and feed each group a record at at
time to a separate instance of a user-defined (so 'black-box') Python
callable, and stream out its output.

1. Is there a way to do that in Python using Structured Streaming?

2. How can I find out when flatMapGroupsWithState is coming to the Python
Spark API?

3. Or can I only do something like that by using updateStateByKey(), and do
I therefore have to use DStreams API instead of the Structured Streaming API
(which I'd like to avoid)?

Thanks a lot!