spark-user mailing list archives

From Evelyn Bayes <u5015...@gmail.com>
Subject Default Java Opts Standalone
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:42:13 GMT
Hey all,

Stuck trying to set a parameter in the spark-env.sh and I’m hoping someone here knows how.

I want to set the JVM setting -XX:+ExitOnOutOfMemoryError for both Spark executors and Spark
workers in a standalone mode.

So far my best guess so far is:
Worker
SPARK_WORKER_OPTS=“${SPARK_WORKER_OPTS} -Dspark.worker.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+ExitOnOutOfMemoryError”
Executor
SPARK_DAEMON_JAVA_OPTS=“${SPARK_DAEMON_JAVA_OPTS} -Dspark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+ExitOnOutOfMemoryError”

Anyone know the actual way to set this or a good place to learn about how this stuff works?
I’ve already seen the Spark conf and standalone documentation and it doesn’t really make
this stuff clear.

Thanks a bunch,
Eevee.