spark-user mailing list archives

From clarrob <robert.clar...@rbs.com>
Subject Re: SPIP: DataFrame-based Property Graphs, Cypher Queries, and Algorithms
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:32:45 GMT
Hi Xiangrui

+1.

I've been working with data and analytics technologies in the finance
industry for many years, and I think that getting a well-established graph
query language like Cypher to operate over SparkSQL-conformant property
graphs would be relevant for lots of use cases where people want to use a
graph approach. I've seen interest in using graphs to track and catalog
metadata and data flows, and also for business cases like suspicious
transaction analysis or fraud-ring detection.

Regards,

Robert