spark-user mailing list archives

From Thijs Haarhuis <thijs.haarh...@oranggo.com>
Subject SparkR + binary type + how to get value
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:01:42 GMT
Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience in accessing the data from a column which has a binary type
in a Spark Data Frame in R?
I have a Spark Data Frame which has a column which is of a binary type. I want to access this
data and process it.
In my case I collect the spark data frame to a R data frame and access the first row.
When I print this row to the console it does print all the hex values correctly.

However when I access the column it prints it is a list of 1 ...when I print the type of the
child element..it again prints it is a list.
I expected this value to be of a raw type.

Anybody has some experience with this?

Thanks
Thijs