spark-user mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject ApacheCon NA 2019 Call For Proposal and help promoting Spark project
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:50:27 GMT
Hi Spark community!

As you know ApacheCon NA 2019 is coming this Sept and it’s CFP is now open! This is an important
milestone as we celebrate 20 years of ASF. We have tracks like Big Data and Machine Learning
among many others. Please submit your talks/thoughts/challenges/learnings here:
https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html

Second, as a community I think it’d be great if we have a post on http://spark.apache.org/
website to promote this event also. We already have a logo link up and perhaps we could add
a post to talk about:
What is the Spark project, what might you learn, then a few suggestions of talk topics, why
speak at the ApacheCon etc. This will then be linked to the ApacheCon official website. Any
volunteer from the community?

Third, Twitter. I’m not sure who has access to the ApacheSpark Twitter account but it’d
be great to promote this. Use the hashtags #ApacheCon and #ACNA19. Mention @Apachecon. Please
use
https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html to promote the CFP, and
https://www.apachecon.com/acna19 to promote the event as a whole.