spark-user mailing list archives

From Jack Kolokasis <koloka...@ics.forth.gr>
Subject Re: installation of spark
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 04:09:43 GMT
Hello,

     at first you will need to make sure that JAVA is installed, or
install it otherwise. Then install scala and a build tool (sbt or
maven). In my point of view, IntelliJ IDEA is a good option to create
your Spark applications.  At the end you have to install a distributed
file system e.g HDFS.

     I think there is no an all-in-one configuration. But there are
examples about how to configure you Spark cluster (e.g
https://github.com/jaceklaskowski/mastering-apache-spark-book/blob/master/spark-standalone-example-2-workers-on-1-node-cluster.adoc).

Best,
--Iacovos