spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Apache Spark 2.4.4 before 3.0.0
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2019 16:52:17 GMT
We will certainly want a 2.4.4 release eventually. In fact I'd expect
2.4.x gets maintained for longer than the usual 18 months, as it's the
last 2.x branch.
It doesn't need to happen before 3.0, but could. Usually maintenance
releases happen 3-4 months apart and the last one was 2 months ago. If
these are significant issues, sure. It'll probably be August before
it's out anyway.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 11:15 AM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, All.
>
> Spark 2.4.3 was released two months ago (8th May).
>
> As of today (9th July), there exist 45 fixes in `branch-2.4` including the following
correctness or blocker issues.

>     - SPARK-26038 Decimal toScalaBigInt/toJavaBigInteger not work for decimals not fitting
in long
>     - SPARK-26045 Error in the spark 2.4 release package with the spark-avro_2.11 dependency
>     - SPARK-27798 from_avro can modify variables in other rows in local mode
>     - SPARK-27907 HiveUDAF should return NULL in case of 0 rows
>     - SPARK-28157 Make SHS clear KVStore LogInfo for the blacklist entries
>     - SPARK-28308 CalendarInterval sub-second part should be padded before parsing
>
> It would be great if we can have Spark 2.4.4 before we are going to get busier for 3.0.0.
> If it's okay, I'd like to volunteer for an 2.4.4 release manager to roll it next Monday.
(15th July).