spark-user mailing list archives

From act_coder <acct...@gmail.com>
Subject How to disable 'spark.security.credentials.${service}.enabled' in Structured streaming while connecting to a kafka cluster
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2020 14:37:02 GMT
I am trying to read data from a secured Kafka cluster using spark structured
streaming. Also I am using the below library to read the data -
"spark-sql-kafka-0-10_2.12":"3.0.0-preview" since it has the feature to
specify our custom group id (instead of spark setting its own custom group
id)

Dependency used in code:

        <groupId>org.apache.spark</groupId>
        <artifactId>spark-sql-kafka-0-10_2.12</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.0-preview</version>

I am getting the below error - even after specifying the required JAAS
configuration in spark options.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed:
Delegation token must exist for this connector. at
scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:281) at

org.apache.spark.kafka010.KafkaTokenUtil$.isConnectorUsingCurrentToken(KafkaTokenUtil.scala:299)
at
org.apache.spark.sql.kafka010.KafkaDataConsumer.getOrRetrieveConsumer(KafkaDataConsumer.scala:533)
at
org.apache.spark.sql.kafka010.KafkaDataConsumer.$anonfun$get$1(KafkaDataConsumer.scala:275)

Following document specifies that we can disable the feature of obtaining
delegation token -
https://spark.apache.org/docs/3.0.0-preview/structured-streaming-kafka-integration.html

I tried setting this property spark.security.credentials.kafka.enabled to
false in spark config, but it is still failing with the same error.