spark-user mailing list archives

From Denny Lee <denny.g....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can we all help use our expertise to create an IT solution for Covid-19
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:08:06 GMT
There are a number of really good datasets already available including (but
not limited to):
- South Korea COVID-19 Dataset
<https://www.kaggle.com/kimjihoo/coronavirusdataset>
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV) Data Repository by Johns
Hopkins CSSE <https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19>
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset Challenge (CORD-19)
<https://www.kaggle.com/allen-institute-for-ai/CORD-19-research-challenge#>

BTW, I had co-presented in a recent tech talk on Analyzing COVID-19: Can
the Data Community Help? <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uBdY4Crlg>

In the US, there is a good resource Coronavirus in the United States:
Mapping the COVID-19 outbreak
<https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/> and
there are various global starter projects on Reddit's r/CovidProjects
<https://www.reddit.com/r/COVIDProjects/>.

There are a lot of good projects that we can all help individually or
together.  I would suggest to see what hospitals/academic institutions that
are doing analysis in your local region.  Even if you're analyzing public
worldwide data,  how it acts in your local region will often be different.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:30 PM Rajev Agarwal <rajev.agarwal@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually I thought these sites exist look at John's hopkins and
> worldometers
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020, 2:27 PM Zahid Rahman <zahidr1000@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> "We can then donate this to WHO or others and we can make it very modular
>> though microservices etc."
>>
>> I have no interest because there are 8 million muslims locked up in their
>> home for 8 months by the Hindutwa (Indians)
>> You didn't take any notice of them.
>> Now you are locked up in your home and you want to contribute to the WHO.
>> The same WHO and you who didn't take any notice of the 8 million Kashmiri
>> Muslims.
>> The daily rapes of women and the imprisonment and torture of  men.
>>
>> Indian is the most dangerous country for women.
>>

>> Backbutton.co.uk
>> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>> ♡۶Java♡۶RMI ♡۶
>> Make Use Method {MUM}
>> makeuse.org
>> <http://www.backbutton.co.uk>
>>

>> On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 14:53, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks but nobody claimed we can fix it. However, we can all contribute
>>> to it. When it utilizes the cloud then it become a global digitization
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Dr Mich Talebzadeh
>>>

>>> LinkedIn * https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>*
>>>

>>> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>>>

>>> *Disclaimer:* Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for
>>> any loss, damage or destruction of data or any other property which may
>>> arise from relying on this email's technical content is explicitly
>>> disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary damages
>>> arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

but let's examine
and yes even
I wish it

Kafka and Spark