spark-user mailing list archives

From charles_cai <1620075...@qq.com>
Subject Re: GPU Acceleration for spark-3.0.0
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2020 04:17:05 GMT
Bobby

Thanks for your answer, it seems that I have misunderstood this paragraph in
the website : *"GPU-accelerate your Apache Spark 3.0 data science
pipelines—without code changes—and speed up data processing and model
training while substantially lowering infrastructure costs."* . So if I am
going to use GPU in my job running on the spark , I still need to code the
map and reduce function in cuda or in c++ and then invoke them throught jni
or something like GPUEnabler , is that right ?

thanks
Charles