spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to Oracle Autonomous Data warehouse (ADW) from Spark via JDBC
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2020 20:39:07 GMT
Is the directory available on all nodes ?

> Am 26.08.2020 um 22:08 schrieb kuassi.mensah@oracle.com:
>

> Mich,
>
> All looks fine.
> Perhaps some special chars in username or password?
>
>> it is recommended not to use such characters like '@', '.' in your password.
> Best, Kuassi
> On 8/26/20 12:52 PM, Mich Talebzadeh wrote:
>> Thanks Kuassi.
>>
>> This is the version of jar file that work OK with JDBC connection via JAVA to ADW
>>
>> unzip -p ojdbc8.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>> Manifest-Version: 1.0
>> Implementation-Title: JDBC
>> Implementation-Version: 18.3.0.0.0
>> sealed: true
>> Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
>> Specification-Title: JDBC
>> Class-Path: oraclepki.jar
>> Implementation-Vendor: Oracle Corporation
>> Main-Class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
>> Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
>> Repository-Id: JAVAVM_18.1.0.0.0_LINUX.X64_180620
>> Created-By: 25.171-b11 (Oracle Corporation)
>> Specification-Version: 4.0
>>
>> And this the setting for TNS_ADMIN
>>
>> echo ${TNS_ADMIN}
>> /home/hduser/dba/bin/ADW/DBAccess
>>
>> hduser@rhes76: /home/hduser/dba/bin/ADW/DBAccess> cat ojdbc.properties
>> # Connection property while using Oracle wallets.
>> oracle.net.wallet_location=(SOURCE=(METHOD=FILE)(METHOD_DATA=(DIRECTORY=${TNS_ADMIN})))
>> # FOLLOW THESE STEPS FOR USING JKS
>> # (1) Uncomment the following properties to use JKS.
>> # (2) Comment out the oracle.net.wallet_location property above
>> # (3) Set the correct password for both trustStorePassword and keyStorePassword.
>> # It's the password you specified when downloading the wallet from OCI Console or
the Service Console.
>> #javax.net.ssl.trustStore=${TNS_ADMIN}/truststore.jks
>> #javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<password_from_console>
>> #javax.net.ssl.keyStore=${TNS_ADMIN}/keystore.jks
>> #javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<password_from_console>hduser@rhes76: /home/hduser/dba/bin/ADW/DBAccess>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mich
>>
>> LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>

>> Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage
or destruction of data or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's
technical content is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary
damages arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

>> On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 20:16, <kuassi.mensah@oracle.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> From which release is the ojdbc8.jar from? 12c, 18c or 19c? I'd recommend ojdbc8.jar
from the latest release.
>>> One more thing to pay attention to is the content of the ojdbc.properties file
(part of the unzipped wallet)
>>> Make sure that ojdbc.properties file has been configured to use Oracle Wallet,
as follows (i.e., anything related to JKS commented out)

>>> oracle.net.wallet_location=(SOURCE=(METHOD=FILE)(METHOD_DATA=(DIRECTORY=${TNS_ADMIN})))
>>> #javax.net.ssl.trustStore=${TNS_ADMIN}/truststore.jks
>>> #javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<password_from_console>
>>> #javax.net.ssl.keyStore=${TNS_ADMIN}/keystore.jks
>>> #javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<password_from_console>
>>>
>>> Alternatively, if you want to use JKS< then you need to comment out the firts
line and un-comment the other lines and set the values.

>>> Kuassi

the following URL format using Oracle Wallet

a valid format is: "host:port:sid"