spark-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Stojanov <m...@danielstojanov.com>
Subject Re: S3 read/write from PySpark
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2020 08:06:49 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Problem solved, but I thought I should add something
in case this problem is encountered by others.

Both responses are correct; BasicAWSCredentialsProvider is gone, but simply
making the substitution leads to the traceback just
below. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(boolean,
java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)'
I found that changing all of the Hadoop packages from 3.3.0 to 3.2.0 *and*
changing the options away from BasicAWSCredentialsProvider solved the
problem.

Thanks.
Regards,



Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/home/daniel/packages/spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/pyspark/sql/readwriter.py",
line 535, in csv
    return
self._df(self._jreader.csv(self._spark._sc._jvm.PythonUtils.toSeq(path)))
  File
"/home/daniel/packages/spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/lib/py4j-0.10.9-src.zip/py4j/java_gateway.py",
line 1305, in __call__
  File
"/home/daniel/packages/spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/pyspark/sql/utils.py",
line 131, in deco
    return f(*a, **kw)
  File
"/home/daniel/packages/spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/lib/py4j-0.10.9-src.zip/py4j/protocol.py",
line 328, in get_return_value
py4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o39.csv.
: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(boolean,
java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)'
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.lookupPassword(S3AUtils.java:893)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.lookupPassword(S3AUtils.java:869)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.getEncryptionAlgorithm(S3AUtils.java:1580)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.initialize(S3AFileSystem.java:341)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:3303)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:124)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:3352)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:3320)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:479)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:361)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.FileStreamSink$.hasMetadata(FileStreamSink.scala:46)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:361)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.loadV1Source(DataFrameReader.scala:279)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.$anonfun$load$2(DataFrameReader.scala:268)
        at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:189)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:268)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.csv(DataFrameReader.scala:705)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at py4j.reflection.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:244)
        at
py4j.reflection.ReflectionEngine.invoke(ReflectionEngine.java:357)
        at py4j.Gateway.invoke(Gateway.java:282)
        at
py4j.commands.AbstractCommand.invokeMethod(AbstractCommand.java:132)
        at py4j.commands.CallCommand.execute(CallCommand.java:79)
        at py4j.GatewayConnection.run(GatewayConnection.java:238)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)








On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 at 17:19, Stephen Coy <scoy@infomedia.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> It looks like …BasicAWSCredentialsProvider has
> become org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.SimpleAWSCredentialsProvider.
>
> However, the way that the username and password are provided appears to
> have changed so you will probably need to look in to that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve C
>
> On 6 Aug 2020, at 11:15 am, Daniel Stojanov <mail@danielstojanov.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to read/write files to S3 from PySpark. The procedure that I
> have used is to download Spark, start PySpark with the hadoop-aws, guava,
> aws-java-sdk-bundle packages. The versions are explicitly specified by
> looking up the exact dependency version on Maven. Allowing dependencies to
> be auto determined does not work. This procedure works for Spark 3.0.0 with
> Hadoop 2.7, but does not work for Hadoop 3.2. I get this exception:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.BasicAWSCredentialsProvider
>
>
> Can somebody point to a procedure for doing this using Spark bundled with
> Hadoop 3.2?
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
>
>
> To replicate:
>
> Download Spark 3.0.0 with support for Hadoop 3.2.
>
> Launch spark with:
>
> ./pyspark --packages
> org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:3.3.0,org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:3.3.0,org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-aws:3.3.0,com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-bundle:1.11.563,com.google.guava:guava:27.1-jre
>
> Then run the following Python.
>
> # Set these 4 parameters as appropriate.
> aws_bucket = ""
> aws_filename = ""
> aws_access_key = ""
> aws_secret_key = ""
>
>
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.impl","org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem")
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("com.amazonaws.services.s3.enableV4",
> "true")
>
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.aws.credentials.provider","org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.BasicAWSCredentialsProvider")
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.endpoint", "s3.amazonaws.com
> <https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cdcd4f52987e54d13b71008d839a6415e%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637322733538454440&sdata=2x5VyEzpNcC6CrAM1eRI3Qn%2BPZZgpjvTCpZDUvHXyaQ%3D&reserved=0>
> ")
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.access.key", aws_access_key)
> spark._jsc.hadoopConfiguration().set("fs.s3a.secret.key", aws_secret_key)
> df = spark.read.option("header",
> "true").csv(f"s3a://{aws_bucket}/{aws_filename}")
>
>
>
> Leads to this error message:
>
>
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/home/daniel/.local/share/Trash/files/spark-3.3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/pyspark/sql/readwriter.py",
> line 535, in csv
>     return
> self._df(self._jreader.csv(self._spark._sc._jvm.PythonUtils.toSeq(path)))
>   File
> "/home/daniel/.local/share/Trash/files/spark-3.3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/lib/py4j-0.10.9-src.zip/py4j/java_gateway.py",
> line 1305, in __call__
>   File
> "/home/daniel/.local/share/Trash/files/spark-3.3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/pyspark/sql/utils.py",
> line 131, in deco
>     return f(*a, **kw)
>   File
> "/home/daniel/.local/share/Trash/files/spark-3.3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2/python/lib/py4j-0.10.9-src.zip/py4j/protocol.py",
> line 328, in get_return_value
> py4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o39.csv.
> : java.io.IOException: From option fs.s3a.aws.credentials.provider
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.BasicAWSCredentialsProvider not found
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.loadAWSProviderClasses(S3AUtils.java:645)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.buildAWSProviderList(S3AUtils.java:668)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.createAWSCredentialProviderSet(S3AUtils.java:619)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.bindAWSClient(S3AFileSystem.java:636)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.initialize(S3AFileSystem.java:390)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:3303)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:3352)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:3320)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:479)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:361)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.FileStreamSink$.hasMetadata(FileStreamSink.scala:46)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:361)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.loadV1Source(DataFrameReader.scala:279)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.$anonfun$load$2(DataFrameReader.scala:268)
>         at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:189)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:268)
>         at
> org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.csv(DataFrameReader.scala:705)
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
>         at py4j.reflection.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:244)
>         at
> py4j.reflection.ReflectionEngine.invoke(ReflectionEngine.java:357)
>         at py4j.Gateway.invoke(Gateway.java:282)
>         at
> py4j.commands.AbstractCommand.invokeMethod(AbstractCommand.java:132)
>         at py4j.commands.CallCommand.execute(CallCommand.java:79)
>         at py4j.GatewayConnection.run(GatewayConnection.java:238)
>         at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.BasicAWSCredentialsProvider not found
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:2499)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClasses(Configuration.java:2570)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.loadAWSProviderClasses(S3AUtils.java:642)
>         ... 28 more
>
>
>
>
>
> This email contains confidential information of and is the copyright of
> Infomedia. It must not be forwarded, amended or disclosed without consent
> of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please advise the
> sender and delete all copies. Security of transmission on the internet
> cannot be guaranteed, could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted and you
> should ensure you have suitable antivirus protection in place. By sending
> us your or any third party personal details, you consent to (or confirm you
> have obtained consent from such third parties) to Infomedia’s privacy
> policy. http://www.infomedia.com.au/privacy-policy/
>


-- 
*Daniel Stojanov*

*Web:* http://danielstojanov.com
*Linkedin:* https://tiny.cc/DSLinkedin

Mime
View raw message