spark-user mailing list archives

From xiaoming w <monkey....@163.com>
Subject spark web ui kill application but still exists background
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2020 03:43:12 GMT
When I kill an application on the Web UI (which I submit with
standalone-client mode), it seems to be killed already; But when I use 'jps'
command I can still see the application running background. This is my demo
code to reappear this problem.

And,
If I kill the application on web ui when section 1 rdd.map process, it can
be stopped clearly;
If I kill the application on web ui when section 2 do something in the
driver, and then it stll running background.
So, what's the reason and how to solve it?