spark-user mailing list archives

From "ashok34668@yahoo.com.INVALID" <ashok34...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Recovery when two spark nodes out of 6 fail
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:36:59 GMT
Greetings,
This is a scenario that we need to come up with a comprehensive answers to fulfil please.
If we have 6 spark VMs each running two executors via spark-submit.

   -  we have two VMs failures at H/W level, rack failure
   - we lose 4 executors of spark out of 12
   - Happening half way through the spark-submit job
   -

So my humble questions are:

   - Will there be any data lost from the final result due to missing nodes?
   - How will RDD lineage will handle this?
   - Will there be any delay in getting the final result?
   - How the driver will handle these two nodes failure
   - Will there be additional executors added to the existing nodes or the existing executors
will handle the job of 4 failing executors.
   - If running in client mode and the node holding the driver dies?
   - If running in cluster mode happens

Did search in Google no satisfactory answers gurus, hence turning to forum.
Best
A.K.