spark-user mailing list archives

From "Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <abhishek....@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Inclusive terminology usage in Spark
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:04:58 GMT
HI Sean,

Thanks for the quick response. We’ll look into this.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek

From: Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 6:30 PM
To: Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) <abhishek.rao@nokia.com>
Cc: User <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Inclusive terminology usage in Spark

This was covered and mostly done last year: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-32004
In some instances, it's hard to change the terminology as it would break user APIs, and the
marginal benefit may not be worth it, but, have a look at the remaining task under that umbrella.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 5:25 AM Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) <abhishek.rao@nokia.com<mailto:abhishek.rao@nokia.com>>