spark-user mailing list archives

From Muhammed Favas <favas.muham...@expeedsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Apply window function on data consumed from Kafka topic
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:38:45 GMT
Hi All,

Can some one help me how to resolve this?. It is very important to achieve my project objective

Regards,
Favas

From: Muhammed Favas
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 15:26 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Apply window function on data consumed from Kafka topic

Hi,

                I have a requirement to create a spark streaming job that get data from kafka
broker and need to apply window function on the data coming into the spark context.
This is how I connected to kafka from spark

val kafkaParams = Map[String, Object](
  "bootstrap.servers" -> "<my-srvername>",
  "key.deserializer" -> classOf[StringDeserializer],
  "value.deserializer" -> classOf[StringDeserializer],
  "group.id" -> "7b37787c-20e7-4614-98ba-6f4212e07bf0",
  "auto.offset.reset" -> "earliest",
  "enable.auto.commit" -> (true: java.lang.Boolean)
)

val topics = Array("7b37787c-20e7-4614-98ba-6f4212e07bf0")
val inputMsg = KafkaUtils.createDirectStream[String,String](
  ssc,
  PreferConsistent,
  Subscribe[String, String](topics, kafkaParams)
)

The variable "inputMsg" is of type "InputDStream[ConsumerRecord[String,String]]"
When I used window function "inputMsg.window(Minute(1))", it throws an error like below

ERROR DirectKafkaInputDStream: Kafka ConsumerRecord is not serializable. Use .map to extract
fields before calling .persist or .window

Can some one help me on how to use widow function on spark streaming using kafka?

Regards,
Favas